Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
|Web Publication Date:||7/14/2021 12:00:00 AM
|Job Location:||Berlin Germany
We're looking for a Mid-Level+ Ruby Backend Developer who enjoys technical IoT challenges for our Berlin based startup Client. The Client works in the Smart Building domain.
You will work in a team with highly skilled developers and project managers under different IoT projects. They are probably the only company in the world running a ruby stack in the cloud and on their embedded linux based gateways. They are committed to Ruby as a language to power their IoT solutions.
Location: Berlin or remote within Germany
Your tasks will be:
- Build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code for their cloud software and building embedded software
- Collaborate with distributed team members in a Scrum/Agile development environment
- Ability to translate complex business requests into working code
- Help to maintain and improve code quality, organization and automation
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Work with on cross-functional teams and collaborate with product management and software engineering teams to convert prototypes into enterprise grade applications
- Contribute in all phases of the development following best practices
- Follow software development best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, code standards)
Your place to be!
You have the unique opportunity to write code for their embedded linux gateways. Stability of the software is key. You will integrate with other systems over serial connections, bluetooth LE, zigbee, gpio.
Additional the Client offers unlimited access to quality coffee, a MacBook and whatever equipment you consider necessary for work and working with a great team on a huge business opportunity in an international work environment.
The Client's team is very international and they have a culture of openness, collaboration and creativity where everyone is encouraged to take ownership in projects and present their points of view. The working language is English and if you are tech savvy, Ruby, Kotlin or Objective-C would also be understood. Working with them means having an excellent work-life-balance with family-friendly working times, right in the heart of Berlin.
- 3+ years project experience with Ruby on Rails
- Good knowledge of Object Oriented Design and usage SOLID principles.
- Event Driven Design.(Rails Event Store)
- Different methods of authentication (Oauth, JWT o.A.)
- GraphQL API development
- Test Driven Development (rspec)
- Git Flow
- Basic Docker knowledge for development env
- English communication skills